Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Double Dead Guy


Usually I am not a big Rogue fan. I don't know why, but nothing I had really excited me, and the bottles always beg for a few extra bucks than I usually have. Some of the wilder ends of the Rogue experimentation leave me reaching for my water glass rather quickly. I go to the Rogue pubs though, whenever I am near one, and leave with the same "why did I go there" results. I spent too much on the food, and too much on the beer. Well, my friends, that may have changed during my last visit to the Rogue in Astoria. I got the Double Dead Guy, with an order of Dead Guy Marinated Mussels. The mussels were good, though I prefer the Spruce Gin Shrimp Cocktail. But, the Double Dead Guy, although I have had it before, was excellent. I could get a hint of orange on the nose, and maybe even a little apricot. The taste was fantastic, a little citrus-y, and much like a regular Dead Guy on steroids. They do bottle it, and Belmont Station has it, but if you get it on draft, I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment