Thursday, August 13, 2009

MacTarnahan's Lip Stinger


MacTarnahan's is not known for extreme beer, interesting beer, or, in my opinion, even good beer. I mean, it's ok, drinkable, but nothing to write home, or a blog about. Until now. I got a 22 of Lip Stinger from the always awesome Belmont Station the other night, and man, was it good. It is a farmhouse style ale brewed with peppercorns. The taste, and interest, was far beyond the 4.8% ABV that the label suggests. It is funky enough to stand proudly in line with other farmhouse style ales, even (gasp) the most excellent Upright Brewing. For a brewery that usually has the excitement of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, Lip Stinger is a welcome surprise, and one that I hope to drink much, much more of.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, how do I not know about this beer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very good, and if you like the style, it is worth a try. I happened by it the day it came into Belmont Station. This may be a great beer that flys right under the radar.

    ReplyDelete